New Pro Goalkeeper Glove by Tom› 31 Mar 2009
To support the release of a new England goalkeeper kit, we here at umbro would like to introduce to you our new pro glove (worn for the first time for the England International against Slovakia on Saturday).
This glove is different from what you would perhaps consider the norm for a goalkeeper glove.
So - how did we develop the glove concept?
Well, the concept was driven by insight from our global endorsees and amateur goalkeepers nationwide. The design of the glove was born out of some key principles from the England kit ethos - Smartness, Craft, Specialist Insight, and Humility. We believe we have created a unique glove that will offer goalkeepers a brand new hand to ball experience.
Key features of the glove are:
- 4mm Hypersoft Latex palm, with ergonomically positioned articulation grooves to encourage the glove to work with the natural contours of the hand.
- Punched palm holes for increased glove breathability
- Semi Rollfinger construction gives superb hand to ball contact in key areas, whilst removing latex in gusset positions, to reduce weight and improve fit.
- NC neoprene embossed backhand for a lighter, more flexible glove.
- Neoprene wristband offers increased support and improved fit.
So, the glove has been developed with the thoughts of goalkeepers in mind, it has been crafted to give the best possible fit, and by using the Hypersoft latex - we know we have a glove that offers great grip in any condition.